Click the ‘Add loan’ button to add a loan you have received to your return. Please note: only loans made by non-financial institutions need to be reported.
A list of fields will appear for you to fill in. The red asterisk next to a field name indicates a field that must be completed before you are able to submit the disclosure. Fill in the fields as follows:
- Name of Loan Provider: The name of the entity that has provided you with a loan.
- Street/Postcode/Suburb/State: The address of the loan provider.
- Amount: The amount in monetary terms that you received, including GST.
- Terms & conditions: Include interest rate, duration, cost and frequency of payments.
- Date loan received: Enter the date the loan funds were provided. Click on the field to bring up a calendar view, then select the relevant date.
- Date loan due: Enter the date by which the full loan amount is to be paid back.
- Date paid back: Enter the date by which the final payment was made. If this payment has not yet occurred, leave the field blank. You will be required to submit a request to amend at a later date, to enter the date returned.
- Market rate charged: Click ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to indicate whether the current market rate for this type of loan was charged.
You are also able to add a list of trustees of an unincorporated association or executive committee members of a registered industrial organisation, if required by the relevant legislation. Click the grey ‘Name’ button at the bottom of the section, then add the Title and Address of the trustee or committee member. You can add as many as required.
Options for submitting
When you have filled in the form, you have a number of options.
1. Add more items – of the same type or different. Click on the ‘Add loan’ button again to add another loan to the return.
2. Delete item - you can delete items from the list at any point by clicking on the X icon in the top right corner of the gift type box.
3. Save the return as a Draft – this will save the complete return with all details entered so far as a draft. You will be able to go back into your return later (from the Drafts page) and make additional entries or amendments as required before either re-saving as a draft or submitting it. Note that any other user with access to your returns (e.g. a candidates representative) will also be able to see these drafts.
4. Submit – when you are ready to submit your return, click the ‘Submit’ button. You will be asked to confirm lodgement of your return. Read the information and click ‘Submit’ if you can confirm the statements, and 'Cancel' if you need to make additional changes before submitting.
5. Incomplete returns - if your return is incomplete, you will be notified of such and given the opportunity to complete the missing information. Under certain circumstances incomplete returns may be submitted to ECQ. If you wish to submit the return incomplete, you will be asked to provide a reason. ECQ will assess that reason against legislation and ECQ policy, and may contact you for additional information.
Pro-tip: If you have multiple gifts to submit, you can use the Bulk Upload function.