As a person acting on behalf of a television or radio station broadcaster, can report on election campaign advertising. Click the 'Lodge' button under 'Broadcaster - Submitting a Periodic Return' on the 'Lodge a return' page.
Periodic returns are required for specific election periods. In the Disclosure Period section, select the reporting period or event name from the dropdown list. The return period commencement and conclusion dates will automatically be filled in.
Click on 'Add new entry' to bring up the next section.
Fill in the fields as follows, noting that a red asterisk next to the field name indicates it must be completed before you are able to submit the return:
- Radio or television station: Name of the radio or television station to which the return relates.
- Broadcast time: What time did the broadcast go out?
- Broadcast duration: How long did the broadcast last?
- Who requested broadcast? The name of the person that requested, arranged and (as the client) organised for this broadcast to occur.
- Who authorised broadcast? The participant in the election with whose authority the advertisement was broadcast.
- Broadcast date: The date the advertisement was broadcast. Click on the field to bring up a calendar view, then select the relevant date.
- Amount: The amount charged for this advertisement. This must be in $AUD and inclusive of GST where appropriate.
- Commercial rate charged: Was the rate charged in line with usual commercial rates for this service, having regard to the length of the advertisement, the advertising medium, and the day and time on which it was broadcast?