In order to reduce the possibility of malicious gift reports, gifts lodged by donors will not appear in the public map and report pages until a 24 hour period has passed.
When a donor has lodged a return, the gift recipient (and/or their representative or agent) will receive an email to notify them of the return. The recipient has 24 hours to review the return and lodge a query with ECQ if there are any discrepancies.
As a gift recipient, to check a new gift report:
- Log in to your account and view your Returns Summary page.
- Review any donations from a donor that are less than 24 hours old - these are indicated by a green man icon next to the disclosure status.
- If there is a problem, click the 'Actions' button on the left and select 'Request to amend' or 'Request to delete'.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the request and to provide a reason. Fill this in and confirm your request. This will then be sent to ECQ representatives to review. While the request is being processed this return will show as 'Pending' status and will not be visible by the general public.
- ECQ will investigate the request and action once assessed.
Please note: This rule does not apply for a set period of days (set by ECQ) before an election day (date of polling day). When a new donor disclosure is made within this period, it is immediately shown on the map and public report pages.