As a person acting on behalf of a publisher, report on election campaign advertising. Click the 'Lodge' button under 'Publisher - Submitting a Periodic Return' on the 'Lodge a return' page.
Periodic returns are required for specific election periods. In the Disclosure Period section, select the reporting period or event name from the dropdown list. The return period commencement and conclusion dates will automatically be filled in.
Click on 'Add new entry' to bring up the next section.
Fill in the fields as follows, noting that a red asterisk next to the field name indicates it must be completed before you are able to submit the return:
- Publication name or website: Name of the publication or website to which the return relates.
- Journal page and space: The page in the journal on which the advertisement was published, and the space in the journal that was occupied by the advertisement.
- Who requested advertisement? The person at whose request the advertisement was published (full name).
- Who authorised advertisement? The participant in the election with whose authority the advertisement was published.
- Publication date: The date the advertisement was published. Click on the field to bring up a calendar view, then select the relevant date.
- Amount: The amount charged for this advertisement. This must be in $AUD and inclusive of GST where appropriate.
- Commercial rate charged: Was the product or service supplied at a charge at less than the normal commercial rates, having regard to the space in the journal occupied by the advertisement and the nature of the journal?